Masters in Nursing
First year admissions for the academic year 2022-23
How to become a Somaiya student
We are delighted that you are considering a Post graduate programme at K J Somaiya College of Nursing. Please read all instructions and requirements carefully to ensure a complete and correct application.
K J Somaiya College of Nursing provides a 2 year postgraduate programme Masters in addiliated to Maharashtra University of Health Sciences(MUHS) Nashik and Inidan Nursing Council (INC), Delhi.
Feel free to contact us on:
Masters in Critical Care Nursing
Masters in Obstetrics and Gynecology Nursing
Masters in Mental Health Nursing
|Last Date of Application for PERA CET Exam||October 17th, 2021|
|PERA CET B.Ed Round 3 Orientation||
To be Announce Soon
|PERA CET Admit Card||To be announced soon|
|PERA-CET B.Ed Mock Test 2021 (Round-3)||
October 11th , 2021
10.30 to 3.30 pm
Date of PERA-CET B.Ed Online Entrance Examination (3rd Round)
October 20th, 2021
10.30 to 1.30 pm
|PERA CET Result||To be announced soon|
|B.Ed Course Orientation for New Batch||October 25th, 2021|
|Last date for Admission||January 13th, 2022|
|Pre Admission form||1700|
|Caution Money||5000 (Refundable)|
Online proposal for approval of fees for A.Y. 2023-2024
- Fees can be paid in 2 installment
- D. D. in favour of "K.J. Somaiya College of Nursing " payable at Mumbai.(for 1st year Only)
- The fees are subject to change as per directive by Shikshan Shulk aSamiti
Cancellation Policy for Provisional Admission
A provisional seat will be offered based on the merit and availability of seats taken together. A candidate who is offered a provisional seat needs to pay 58,320 only as per stipulated admission schedule (i.e. deadline) to secure the same
If candidate chooses to withdraw from the programme of study and application for cancellation of admission is received, then the deduction of fees will be as follows
In case of withdrawal of admission, the following rules will be applicable for refund of fee:
|Point of time when application for admission cancellation is received by college/condition||Deduction Applicable|
|From date of provisional admission till admission confirmation (appropriate phases as applicable)||10,000 only|
|After the date of confirmation of admission||Deductions will be as per rules for Regular Admission|
|Provisionally admitted student fails to fulfill eligibility criteria as prescribed||No refund of fees|
Cancellation Policy for Confirmed Admission
Provisional admission needs to be confirmed within four working days of declaration of result of Graduation or equivalent examinations, by paying balance fees
If any candidate who has confirmed the admission and chooses to withdraw from the programme of study, can apply for cancellation by submitting a prescribed cancellation form. The deduction of fees will be as follows:
|Point of time when application for admission cancellation is received by college||Deduction Applicable|
|15 days or more before the last date of admission*||5000/-|
|Less than 15 days before the last date of admission*||10% of the fees paid 5,832/-|
|On/After last date of admission but on/before cut-off date||20% of the fees paid 11,664/-|
|After cut-off date||58,320/-|
Last date of admission: January 13th, 2022
After commencement of the B.Ed programme, if a student wants to take a break for any valid reason, then he/she can do so as per the following norms :
The academic break can be granted to any student by the Dean and the maximum period for an academic break can vary from one semester to one year only. This will be based on the Dean getting convinced of the reason for academic break.
Eligibility for academic break:
- Serious personal medical reasons involving hospitalization or serious family issues, on the condition of providing valid medical certificates or relevant documents.
The Dean will approve the academic break and forward the application of the student to the admission/ department for necessary process.
The academic break can be granted to any student at most once during the programme for the maximum period of academic one year.
- Payment of Fees for the academic break: If the student has informed the Dean regarding academic break before the commencement of the relevant year and not paid the total fees for that year, then if his/her academic break is granted, he/she can pay the total fee (100%) prevalent at that time when he seeks re-admission.
- If a student wants to take academic break after the commencement of the academic year, but he/she has not attended the classes and if the fees is not paid, then while seeking readmission he/she has to pay the total fee (100%) plus 25% of the total fee as re-admission fee to continue his/her studentship.
- If the student has paid the total fee for the entire year and then sought the academic break after commencement of that academic year in the middle of semester again, then he/she has to pay 25% of the total fee prevalent at that time, towards re-admission in subsequent years.
Following documents are required for B.Ed. Admissions: (Self- attested xerox copies)
- 2 sets of attested photocopies
- 8 passport size photographs
- B.Sc. Nursing/Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing Marksheet and Passing Certificate
- Voter ID
- Character Certificate
- Experience Certificate
- Aadhar Card (Attested photocopy)
- Domicile/Nationality Certificate
- S.S.C. mark sheet/passing certificate
- H.S.C. mark sheet/Passing certificate
- MNC Registration Slip
- Updated Renewal Slip
- Medical Fitness Certificate
- College Leaving Certificate
- Gap Certificate (if applicable)
Additional documents for reserved category
- Caste Certificate
- Caste Validity Certificate - Mandatory
- Non-Creamy layer Certificate ( If Applicable )
- The candidate should be a Registered Nurse and Registered midwife or equivalent with any State Nursing Registration Council.
- The Minimum education requirements shall be the passing of: B.Sc. Nursing/B.Sc. Hons. Nursing/Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing with minimum of 55% aggregate marks.
- The candidate should have undergone in B.Sc. Nursing / B.Sc. Hons. Nursing / Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing.
- Minimum one year of work experience after Basic B.Sc. Nursing.
- Minimum one year of work experience prior or after Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing.
- The College or the Management does not accept any donation or capitation fees for any admission. The admission to students is given as per the standard and transparent procedures. Any person approaching the students or parents for donation/capitation fees should be reported to the Head of Institution immediately.
- The Head of Institution reserves the right to amend or modify the rules regarding admission, as and when such amendments and guidelines are received from the UGC, the Government or the Management. The Head of Institution also reserves the right to refuse admission, if in his/her opinion; such an admission is likely to adversely affect the overall discipline of the college.
- The final admissions will be based on the fulfilment of eligibility criteria.
- All admissions are on first come first serve basis.
- All the admissions are online/offline
- Candidate who does not pay the requisite amount as per the deadline will lose his/her claim on the offered seat during that phase.
- A candidate who has been allotted a provisional/ confirmed seat and fails to secure the same within the deadline, his/her candidature will not be considered in further rounds of that phase.
- A student has to submit all the relevant documents / certificates / marksheets as per the list displayed on web site.
- Non-submission of such mandatory documents after the stipulated time declared by admission department will lead to cancellation of admission of concerned student and the admission fees will NOT be refunded. If the student has submitted documents and found discrepancy during verification, the admission would be cancelled and fees will be forfeited.
- Cancellation rules are available on the website for reference.
- The admission schedule may change under unavoidable circumstances or as per directive /instructions from admitting authorities of Somaiya Vidyavihar University. The revised schedule, if any, will be notified on the website.
- Accommodation is available and will be charged separately as per the Somaiya Vidyavihar University norms.
Filling of Preadmission Form
Display of Merit List
Document Verification & fee payment
- NRI: Non Resident Indian as per the definition given in the section 6 of the Income Tax Act 1961. ‘NRI Candidate’ means a candidate who is a child/ward of the person who has the ‘NRI status’ as defined under section 6 of the Income Tax Act.
- PIO: Person of Indian Origin (PIO) or Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) means a citizen of any country other than Bangladesh or Pakistan who had (a) at any time held Indian passport or (b) he or either of his parents or any of his grandparents was a citizen of India by virtue of the Constitution of India or the Citizenship Act, 1955 or (c) the person is a spouse of an Indian citizen or a person referred to in (a) or (b)
- CIWGC: Children Of Indian Persons Working In Gulf Countries
- FN: Foreign Nationals, foreign passport holder